- 1 What did the blue sweater symbolize for Corrie?
- 2 What are the two similes Corrie uses to describe Ravensbruck?
- 3 What are symbols in the hiding place?
- 4 What are the three visions in Chapter 15 of the hiding place?
- 5 What does the title the hiding place mean?
- 6 Who introduced Corrie to the underground?
- 7 How was Fred koornstra instrumental in helping Corrie and her family to keep Jews in safety at their home?
- 8 What did the police chief request of Corrie?
- 9 What happens in the hiding place?
- 10 What are some symbols in Maus?
- 11 Who are the main characters in the hiding place?
- 12 What are the three visions in the hiding place?
- 13 What happens in chapter 14 of the hiding place?
- 14 What happens in the end of the hiding place?
What did the blue sweater symbolize for Corrie?
The light blue sweater Nollie sends Corrie symbolizes hope.
What are the two similes Corrie uses to describe Ravensbruck?
When the women first see Ravensbruck, Corrie uses two similes (descriptive comparisons using ” like” or “as” ) to describe it. What do these descriptions tell you about Ravensbruck? They tell us that it is scary place – the words “curse” and “scar” have negative connotations.
What are symbols in the hiding place?
Terms in this set (8)
- Strength. the ant in the prison.
- Hope. Nollie’s sweater and the tulips planted around Lieutenant Rahms “office” hut.
- Released to God. Corrie writes of the wall of her prison that on this day father was “released”
- Lieutenant Rahms.
- God’s intervention.
- Little previews of heaven.
- time/life goes on.
What are the three visions in Chapter 15 of the hiding place?
Chapter 15: The Three Visions A doctor diagnoses her with edema, and she goes to the hospital until she recovers. When well enough to leave, Corrie receives clothes, her possessions, and some food. On New Year’s Day 1945, she takes a train to Uelzen. Through the window, she views a bombed-out Germany.
What does the title the hiding place mean?
The title refers to both the physical hiding place where the ten Boom family hid Jews from the Nazis and also to the Scriptural message found in Psalm 119:114: “Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.”
Who introduced Corrie to the underground?
7. Corrie’s nephew, Kid, introduced her to the underground. “How should a Christian act when evil was in power.” Stealing, lying, murder, deception were part of underground activities.
How was Fred koornstra instrumental in helping Corrie and her family to keep Jews in safety at their home?
How was Fred Koornstra instrumental in helping Corrie and her family to keep Jews in safety at their home? Fred Koornstra worked at the police office and supplied the family with legal ration cards. Mary, an elderly asthmatic jewish lady, hides at the Beje until the raid. Mary has walking problems, and is nice.
What did the police chief request of Corrie?
Corrie could not stop telling the truth when she was half awake. What did the police chief request of Nollie? To see if anyone could kill a Gestapo informant from the underground.
What happens in the hiding place?
During WW2, a Dutch family caught hiding Jews is sent to a concentration camp where their Christian faith helps them endure the hardships. Corrie and Betsie ten Boom are middle-aged sisters working in their father’s watchmaker shop in pre-World War II Holland.
What are some symbols in Maus?
The symbolism: The symbolism in the story is another layer of the presentation. The people are presented as animals. The Jews are mice, the Germans are predatory cats, the Poles are pigs, the Swedes are deer with horns, Americans are dogs, a Gypsy is a butterfly, a Frenchman is a frog.
Who are the main characters in the hiding place?
The Hiding Place Characters
- Corrie ten Boom. The novel’s protagonist and narrator, a middle-aged Dutch woman who turns her home into a hiding place for Jews during the Nazi occupation of Holland.
- Betsie ten Boom. Corrie’s older sister.
- Father / Casper ten Boom.
- Tante Jans.
- Tante Anna.
- Tante Bep.
What are the three visions in the hiding place?
The Hiding Place: The Three Visions Summary & Analysis
- Faith and Action.
- Moral Choices.
What happens in chapter 14 of the hiding place?
Chapter 14 Summary and Analysis Mien, the same women who smuggled to vitamin pills to Corrie, tells her how to get into the hospital to visit Betsie. She finally gets up the courage to sneak into the bathroom at the back of the facility. She is appalled, however, to find it filthy and stacked with dead bodies.
What happens in the end of the hiding place?
In the end, they arrest the entire family, including Peter, Willem, Nollie, and her husband. The family is taken to a prison in the Hague. Corrie is separated from her sisters and placed in a cell with many other women, where she’s sick, worried, and bored.