- 1 What do the French call a sweater?
- 2 Is a sweater masculine or feminine in French?
- 3 What is the French word for Cardigan?
- 4 What is sweater called in English?
- 5 What is the most beautiful French word?
- 6 What are jeans in French?
- 7 What is the word for style in French?
- 8 What is face cap in French?
- 9 What do French people wear?
- 10 Is scarf feminine in French?
- 11 Is that sweater your or yours?
- 12 Is sweater and sweatshirt the same?
- 13 What is a sweater with a collar called?
What do the French call a sweater?
French Translation. chandail. More French words for sweater. le chandail noun. sweater.
Is a sweater masculine or feminine in French?
A sweater in French is “un pull“. It’s masculine and although it’s an English word, we pronounce it the French way, with a French U sound.
What is the French word for Cardigan?
cardigan → cardigan, veste. cardigan → gilet.
What is sweater called in English?
A sweater or pullover, also called a jumper in British and Australian English, is a piece of clothing, typically with long sleeves, made of knitted or crocheted material, that covers the upper part of the body. When sleeveless, the garment is often called a slipover or sweater vest.
What is the most beautiful French word?
Here are the most beautiful French words
- Papillon – butterfly.
- Parapluie – umbrella.
- Paupiette – a piece of meat, beaten thin, and rolled with a stuffing of vegetables, fruits or sweetmeats.
- Romanichel – gypsy.
- Silhouette – silhouette.
- Soirée – evening.
- Tournesol – sunflower.
- Vichyssoise – from vichy. Masculine, noun.
What are jeans in French?
1. jean (pantalon): jean. jeans pl.
What is the word for style in French?
Wiktionary: style → modèle, façon, genre, manière, panache, registre, style, titre, ton. style → style.
What is face cap in French?
casquette. More French words for cap. le capuchon noun. hood, cowl, top. la casquette noun.
What do French people wear?
Typically, Frenchmen would wear: A dress shirt over a clean pair of jeans, and leather shoes: this is fine for a casual night out. A sports-jacket or sweater in winter will complete your outfit nicely. Ties are optional although a lot of Frenchmen wear them for work and when they go out.
Is scarf feminine in French?
The gender of écharpe is feminine. E.g. une écharpe.
Is that sweater your or yours?
Is that sweater yours? Good work pals. The correct answer is option b) yours. Keep Learning & Keep Sharing.
Is sweater and sweatshirt the same?
The most basic difference between a sweater and a sweatshirt is the way they’re made. A sweater is crocheted or knitted, whereas a sweatshirt is not. A sweatshirt is made with heavy cotton. Sweaters are made of lightweight material, so they don’t absorb sweat but just keep you warm.
What is a sweater with a collar called?
A sweater can be considered a turtleneck sweater only if it meets the following criteria: the sweater features a high collar that folds down over itself and completely covers the neck. The turtleneck also goes by several other names, including the roll-neck or the polo neck.