What can you make out of old sweaters?
Before sending a bag of old sweaters to the thrift store, try repurposing them in creative new ways.
- Felted Wool Blanket. 1/14.
- Pouf Ottoman. 2/14.
- Dryer Balls. 3/14.
- Decorative Pillows. 4/14.
- Cozy Mittens. 5/14.
- iPhone or iPad Case. 6/14.
- Felted Coasters. 7/14.
- Festive Wreath. 8/14.
How do you make a blanket out of old sweaters?
Sweaters Blanket Tutorial
- This is one of my favorite projects.
- You will need:
- Wind a few bobbins.
- Cut your sweaters apart.
- Now, chop the sweater into rectangles.
- Lay out your rectangles across the floor as if it will be your finished blanket.
- Start sewing the blanket together.
Can you turn a sweater into a cardigan?
The great news is that it’s ridiculously fast and easy to refashion a sweater into a cardigan! You can leave it open or add on snaps or buttons to keep it closed. (This will take you more than 10 minutes, obviously.) And you will be rewarded with an incredibly versatile garment that you will want to wear every day!
How do you reuse wool from a sweater?
For recycled yarns you want to use as-is, simply give them a gentle wash with some shampoo, allowing them plenty of time to soak. Then hang them to drip dry, perhaps with a little weight hanging off the bottom of the skein to remove some of the kinkiness. After dyeing or drying, wind up the yarns into balls for use.
How do you upcycle a knitted sweater?
Here are some ideas for repurposing old sweaters that are perfect for cold, wintry days.
- Make a Pair of Mittens.
- Make a Snug Knitted Hat or a Slouchy Beanie.
- Make a Fuzzy Pillowcase.
- Keep Your Mug Warm With a Cozy.
- Make Some Fingerless Gloves.
- Make Some Boot Toppers.
- Make a Pocket Scarf.
- Make a Bum Warmer.
What can I make with old cashmere sweaters?
Upgraded Cashmere Sweaters: 20+ Recycled DIY Projects
- A protective iPad cover.
- A case for your sunglasses or eyeglasses.
- A menagerie of children’s stuffed animals.
- Bookmarks for your old-school tomes.
- Embellished arm warmers that will make everyone ooooh and aaahhh.
How do you turn a sweater into a vest?
To turn your sweater into a sweater vest, you simply need to lay down the sweater on a flat surface and make sure it’s flattened evenly. Next, you’ll want to cut the sleeves off of the sweater. Don’t worry if you cut them off evenly, but make sure you get them as close to the seam as possible.