Can you cut the neck off a sweater?
Cut the necks off the sweatshirts to give them a feminine appearance with new style. The cut necklines will not ravel or fray, making quick work of reconstructing sweatshirts into new and fashionable wardrobe additions.
Can you cut the hood off a hoodie?
To easily remove the hood, take a pair of sharp scissors and start cutting along the base of the hood where it meets the hoodie body. It’s important to cut right above the seamline so the stitches don’t unravel. Keep cutting from the front of the hood all the way around to the opposite side.
Using sharp scissors, cut from one side of the sweatshirt to the other, cutting through both the front and back of the sweatshirt. Make sure your sweatshirt lays flat the whole time so your cuts are even.
- Decide on length.
- Measure both sides so they’re even.
- Now it’s time to chop!
- Check for length and adjust as needed.
How do you take a cowl neck dress?
- Decide Where You Want Your Cowl. Draw a new curve to indicate the new neckline, about 3-5″ below your collarbone.
- Draw the Slash Lines.
- Cut the Slash Lines.
- Tape Down Your Pattern Piece.
- Draw the Lines.
- Cut on the Facing Line, Fold on the Cowl Line.